Saturday 5 July 2014

Hugo has my heart!

Who knew that cycling could be so compelling? Or was it the beautiful Yorkshire countryside bathed in sunshine? Move over Wimbledon- make way for the Tour de France.
I had a wonderful afternoon in front of the telly ignoring the sunshine outside. First the superb and very fast victory for Petra Kvitova all done and dusted in 54 minutes. She was unstoppable! Then fantastic coverage of the Tour on ITV4 through pretty Yorkshire villages and countryside. Makes you proud to be British. I loved the sport, the sights, the crazy commentary with very unsound historical facts and the finish with poor Mark Cavendish taking a tumble at the last moment.
All this gave me time to sit and finish the binding on Hugo's quilt so it is ready to take up to the Lakes next weekend when we visit.

So, some photos…..ta dah!!!!










The quilt was long arm quilted by Sue Phillips. I love the cloud design in variegated light green. It shows really well on the fabrics but does not dominate the design.

I blogged about this quilt here but just some quick details again.
Pattern: Key to my Heart, by sweet jane available on Etsy
Fabric: Road 15 by Sweetwater for Moda (jelly roll) with Kona Silver for the border and Ikea Britten Nummer for backing.
I cannot remember the name of the binding fabric. It is black with very small slightly uneven white dots.

I know that there is a convention to name quilts so what shall I call this? If you knew Hugo and saw his beautiful big brown eyes you would know why I call it "Hugo has my heart". He's more likely to call it roads or houses!

I dropped Vivi's quilt off last Thursday and practically begged Sue to see if she could find time to quilt it. I should know by Wednesday whether it will be ready so that both the grandchildren get their quilts. If it is ready I will be sewing binding all the way up North.

I'm linking up with Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I get a Whoop Whoop? She is having a fund raising giveaway in a really good cause. Please take a second to have a look.



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, Catherine! And you've used my absolutely favorite backing fabric of all time. I just wish they'd sell it on-line so I could always get it! And thank you so much for the shout-out! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely quilt. Love the photos, what a glorious li'l corner of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. HUgo's going to adore it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful countryside to go with such a beautiful quilt! One of these days I'm going to visit your lovely country. The cloud quilting was new to me, I will have to give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lucky grandchildren! Hugo's quilt is gorgeous. Very special x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one I get and try to get back to you as soon as I can.